[RESOLVED] Qunex Container Script Error: Mismatch in "Schedule" inputs

Hello,

SHORT ANSWER: PLEASE UPDATE LINE 1049 OF qunex_container SO THE KEYWORD IS scheduler_name, NOT scheduler

I am running the quick start instructions, opting to try the scheduler approach (4b in the tutorial). Everything goes okay up until that point.

When I run the command in 4B, I get the following error:

--> QuNex will run the command over 1 sessions. It will utilize:

Scheduled jobs: 1 
    Maximum sessions run in parallel for a job: 1.
    Maximum elements run in parallel for a session: 1.
    Up to 1 processes will be utilized for a job.

Job #1 will run sessions: HCPA001
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/nese/mit/group/gablab/data/HCP/BIDS_style/code/qunex/qunex_container", line 1054, in <module>
    main()
  File "/nese/mit/group/gablab/data/HCP/BIDS_style/code/qunex/qunex_container", line 1049, in main
    schedule(command=containerCommand, scheduler=scheduler_name, scheduler_params=scheduler_params.copy(), output=output, parsessions=parsessions, parelements=parelements, batchlogsfolder=batchlogsfolder, slurm_array=slurm_array)
TypeError: schedule() got an unexpected keyword argument 'scheduler'

Looking at qunex_container, I confirm that indeed schedule() does not have a keyword for scheduler, but does have an input for scheduler_name. I changed line 1049 to reflect that change, and the script begins as intended. Please update this on the official repository (or is this a pull request I can initiate?).

Thanks,
Steven

Hi Steven, thanks for reporting this. Did you get the qunex_container script via GitLab or via the link in the QuickStart (just so I know which one is not up to date). You do not need to worry yourself with a pull request I will fix this on our end. Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I got this using the instructions in quick start documentation:

wget --no-check-certificate -r 'https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1wdWgKvr67yX5J8pVUa6tBGXNAg3fssWs' -O qunex_container

Best,
Steven

Thanks, I just need to update the script on our Google Drive then. I will do this in an hour or so.

1 Like